Sunday, August 2, 2009

The rains came down and the ground sank...

About two weeks after we got our beautiful grass, the south side of Pocatello had a flash flood. At first I was cheering on the rain because it was watering my new grass. But after about one hour of pouring down rain I started to get worried.This is a picture out of my front door looking on to my street. It looks like a river, and at the end of the street was the lake.
After the rain stopped I went outside to check on our crawl space and this is what I found. Huge pot holes in our fresh new lawn.




We are so blessed that it was just our yard that was damaged and not our house. Many of our neighbors and friends had flooded basements, and one person in our ward had their entire foundation shift. The Lord was looking out for us.






No comments: